Tuesday, February 14, 2012

12 Weeks!

:My Journey of Pregnancy & Type 1 Diabetes:
:
:12 weeks 3 days:
:
We are almost through the 1st trimester. Yay! Unfortunately I'm still feeling nauseous everyday. Some days are just in the afternoon and evenings, but lately it's been spreading to ALL day :( I've been trying different medicine and vitamins, but nothing seems to be helping too much. I eat every 2-3 hours (more for blood sugar control, but heard that helps with nausea too), I tried the Sea bands, have a prescription for Zofran, trying 100mg of Vit B6 (currently), and also going to try the Scopolamine Patch for the cruise. I was hoping the nausea would be mostly over by the time we left for vacation. Doesn't look like that is going to happen. I will be 13 weeks we when get on the ship on Saturday. I will be saying goodbye to the 1st trimester and hoping it takes this sickness when it goes!! Soon I will be saying hello to my 2nd trimester and welcoming some of the best times during pregnancy (hopefully)......2nd trimester don't let me down :)
:
So, I took a 12 week picture last Saturday. You can't really see much yet. (The pic was in the morning, and I think I look bigger at night!) I feel like I have already grown more in the 3 days since the picture too!
I can't believe we are leaving for our "Babymoon" tomorrow morning! A whole 3 weeks just to celebrate you baby (well mostly). We will be celebrating Valentine's Day, our 4th Anniversary, and most importantly, YOU :) This is a trip I have always wanted to do, but never really thought it would be possible. Well your daddy is making my dream vacation come true. 5 nights in Hawaii, 12 day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands then around the French Polynesian Islands, then 3 more nights in an overwater bungalow on Moorea!!! This will be our last BIG vacation before you join our family. Mommy & Daddy love each other very much, and we always want you to know that. We are very excited to be able to spend this time together in some of the most beautiful places on earth. Since you won't remember going to all these places, we will take lots of pictures to show you later :)
:
These are all the diabetic supplies I need to take with me for our vacation.
These are all the meds I need to take with me for pregnancy.
Phew, that's a lot of stuff! My carry-on will for sure be full! I'm going to try to pick up some queasy drops (sugar free) today if I can find them. I also have all my log sheets to keep track of too. I will be having 1-2 phone appointments with my Endo while we are away. Then we have a OB and Endo appts on the morning after we get back!
:
:
(Sorry for all the ":" The enter bar is no longer working once I upload a picture. Not sure why, so I'm using : for time being.)

No comments:

Post a Comment