Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm going to be a Mommy :)

:My journey of Pregnancy & Type 1 Diabetes:

11 weeks 3 days

So Ryan and I have been talking about becoming parents for a few years now. It was always something we knew we wanted to do, but when was always the question. The longer we were married and the more freedom we found with traveling, the harder it got to actually start the process. Last fall we finally made the call that maybe it was time. I'm 28 now and with type 1 diabetes already making me a high risk pregnancy, I want to be done having kids before I'm 35. So that only gives us a few years. Not sure how many more we are planning on at this point, but just in case :) Right now, I'm overjoyed with one! We will see how my body (& and sanity) can handle this pregnancy and go from there!

We were able to see our lil cupcake (fyi: Ry is not so fond of that name) for the first time when we got back to California. We were home for a few weeks for Christmas when we shared our surprise with our families!! We found out we were pregnant 2 days before we flew home :) When we went in, I had figured that I was a little over 9 weeks along. The doc said the baby was measuring a little smaller at 8 weeks 4 days. When he said that everything looks great, it was like the best news we could ever hear. My blood sugars had been hard to control in the first few weeks, and I know how dangerous that can be for the baby. It is such a scary feeling! So seeing that precious boy or girl on the screen for the first time, I could not help but cry tears of joy. Everything was in the right place and baby had a strong heartbeat of 160. We actually got to see the tiny heart beating. That just put me over the top. I don't think I could have been more happy at that point. What an amazing feeling!! We get our 12 week ultrasound this Friday (in 3 days)! I feel like I have been counting down the days since we left the doc last time. I don't want to rush things, but I can't wait to hear that baby looks great again, see how much he/she has grown, and maybe hear the heartbeat this time. I don't understand how people can see that and think that we could do that. God is so much bigger than we can even comprehend. How amazing He is!!


Be back soon to fill you in more about how the diabetes is coming along with this process. Definitely ups and downs (to be expected). It's just so hard because I want to be perfect........yeah, I know it's not possible. I just want to keep baby safe! And yes, I'm working very hard at it! Well just wanted to let you know how thrilled we are to be parents. We love you baby so, so much already. But you already know that, we tell you everyday ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy, and you will be a brilliant mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kerri!! Your blog has been a life saver for me these last few years! Loved following you through your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete